Atelier Ryza Launches in the West with Digital Deluxe Edition!
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout(Atelier Ryza from now on) pre-orders launched today in the West for PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Back when Atelier Ryza was first announced for the West, they had limited special physical editions for preorder. Today Koei Tecmo announces a Digital Deluxe Edition and special in-game pre-order bonuses.
Atelier Ryza is said to be a step into a new direction for the Ateliers, introducing new mechanisms and gameplay systems. In past games, there was a large focus and alchemy and crafting. The battle system is “all-new,” incorporating real-time elements and the ability to switch characters at any time which seems like a huge boon for players who love micro-managing. They’re introducing a new synthesis system that is supposed to be easier to understand for new players, as Koei Tecmo themselves say this is a great gateway game into the Atelier series. As for an introduction to a more traditional Atelier game, Koei Tecmo says Atelier Ayesha is a great start.
Digital Deluxe Edition
1. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
2. Costume Set “Another Fashion
Alternate colored costumes are added for a total of 12 varieties.
– Ryza’s costumes: Midnight Black, Blue Skies, Sunny Smile
– Tao’s costumes: Twilight Raconteur, Wonder Pastel, Book Fairy
– Klaudia’s costumes: White Princess, Pure Maiden, Strawberry Parfait
3. Costume Set “Summer Style”
Summer costumes are added for a total of 3 varieties.
– Lent’s costume: Warrior’s Day Off
– Tao’s costume: Island Explorer
– Klaudia’s costume: Summer Memories
4. Hideout Parts “Pixie Forest”
Parts based on a pixie forest used for remodeling your secret hideout are added. Unique effects: When the time is set to night, your allies’ abilities will be raised slightly.
5. Hideout Parts “Lakeside Hideout”
Parts based on a lakeside town used for remodeling your secret hideout are added. Unique effects: When the weather is rainy, your allies’ abilities will be raised slightly.
6. Initial Dash Item Set
2 types of gathering items are added that will make the earlier portions of the game easier.
Wind Shoes effect: When equipped as your gathering item, your movement speed is increased.
Knapsack effect: When equipped as your gathering item, the capacity of your basket is increased.
7. Extra Large! Rebuild Gem Pack 100,000 gems that can be used for rebuilding are added.
* Digital Deluxe Edition is available digitally only. * To use the costume sets “Another Fashion,” ”Summer Style” the corresponding character must be befriended. * To use the hideout parts “Pixie Forest,” “Lakeside Hideout” the game must be progressed to a certain point.
As of right now, the Digital Deluxe Edition is available digitally only and not part of the previous special limited physical edition. It seems as some costumes are free as pre-order bonuses, but may become available for purchase at a later date.
Atelier Ryza is available for pre-order now and will be released on PS4, Steam, and the Nintendo Switch on October 29, 2019.